Have you ever had such a long and exhausting day that you didn’t even consider working out? Well, going to the gym, exercising at home or even dancing can transform you into that fresh and full of energy person you are in the morning!
Exercise will leave you with a euphoric, calm and clear state of mind, it is balancing for both the body and soul. Going So, apart from being healthy and having an amazing body, working out has extraordinary effects on your psyche. Here are a few of them:
- When you work out, you feel more confident with the way you look, and honestly, it’s only a matter of time until people will notice how fit you look. This new found confidence gives you a feeling of self-pride.
- Walking that extra mile or persevering through the tough peak of a workout is just another way of proving to yourself that you’re ambitious and that you don’t give up easily on anything! It gives you the strength and courage to take risks and try new things, it turns you into a fighter.
- Exercise releases endorphins which are well known for being the happy drug. The APA (American Psychological Association) conducted studies that have shown that physical exercise works almost like an antidepressant for people suffering from depression or anxiety. Whenever you’re down, work out a bit and feel the improvement!
- When you exercise, because the brain gets a lot of oxygen, its activity will improve significantly. You’ll be able to learn faster and also you’ll get the chance to train your memory with the steps of a new routine.
- Leaving the endorphins aside, think of the fun you have working out! Try classes that use exercising in disguise, where the instructor makes you laugh and puts on your favorite songs.
- Think of exercising as a social activity: even if you’re the jogger with earphones on or the regular member of a sports club, don’t forget that you’re surrounded by people working out for, perhaps, the same reasons as you.
Going to the gym is my favorite part the day: no matter how tired or upset I am, I always go home with a big smile and a skyrocketing self-esteem. Take the time to look after your health and well-being by getting into the habit of moving your body every day. To stay motivated think of it as a lifestyle as opposed to an exercise program.