Posted On 28 Feb 2019
If you are looking to lose belly fat all you need to do is acquire healthy eating habits and the fat will melt off. You may be thinking it's not easy to lose belly fat especially in this day and age of a fast-paced lifestyle and the stress of juggling many things at once. Sometimes we barely have time to stop and have breakfast or lunch and by the time dinner rolls around we are starving and over-eat or don't really care what we eat and order another take-out meal.
To lose belly fat and to do it with healthy eating habits you must plan ahead and be organized. Keep it simple in the beginning so you get into a habit or routine. It doesn't have to be difficult, you just need to learn some simple tips and think ahead.
If you are in the habit of eating whatever you feel like, well sorry that will have to change too. This isn't a bad thing especially if you want to lose belly fat and become healthier. The two go hand in hand and isn't it better to be pro-active about your health now rather than waiting for a crisis to happen which then forces you into action. Your health is your biggest asset and is well worth looking after so you can stay active and maintain clarity and peace of mind.
When you lose belly fat with healthy eating habits you can gradually work it into your lifestyle. It won't happen overnight especially if you have been prone to eating a lot of processed or junk foods. Cleaning up your diet requires a little adjustment and it doesn't have to be done all at once.
Lose Belly Fat - Introduce more Healthy Foods into your Diet
1. Clean out your pantry and kitchen of any junk foods. Don't rely on will power. Make sure you have prepared healthy snacks to replace junk food.
2. For example, you can have fruit, nuts, and seeds. There is so much variety in these foods alone and are vital for maintaining healthy eating habits. You can also chop up some veggies and keep them in the fridge to have with hummus or any low-fat dip. You can also have natural yogurt preferably without sugar.
3. For breakfast, you can eat fruit and yogurt or plain oats (not instant) with berries. You can have wholemeal toast. Try not to eat a lot of grains especially if you're trying to lose belly fat. You can also forego the fruit juice as this is loaded with sugar. It's better to have the whole fruit. Try an apple instead of eating toast. You can also wait 30 mins to 1 hr before eating breakfast so your body is fully awake and ready to digest food.
4. Eat at least 3 pieces of fresh fruit a day.
5. Eat a salad for lunch with some chicken or protein. Eat a salad and veggies every day. Salads are easy to make and easy to buy so no excuse. For dinner, you can have veggies or salad with protein. Now at least you are getting some greens and essential nutrients into your body. So make sure you have a salad as a major part of one meal each day.
6. Eat whole foods and avoid refined or processed food full of artificial chemicals.
7. Wherever possible, buy organic food. If it's not possible, peel or throw away outer leaves or skin and make sure to wash to reduce pesticide residues. Buy fresh foods little and often. If you have them stashed they will lose their nutrients.
8. Eat a variety of foods rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals such as broccoli, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and berries.
9. Eat when you are hungry, not out of habit. Eat little and often with plenty of fruit snacks.
10. Minimize your intake of dairy foods, refined wheat, and grains and avoid sugar and sweeteners.
11. Supplement your diet with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
12. If you eat foods close to their natural state, you will be avoiding trans-fat, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, salt, preservatives and chemicals which add to belly and body fat. It doesn't have to be deprivation either. You can have a cheat meal once a week but It won't take long for your cravings to disappear and you will enjoy healthy eating habits and lose belly fat easily.
Discover and follow these tips to lose belly fat and develop healthy eating habits.