Posted On 24 Oct 2018
As we go into the Fall season, so much about Nature begins to slow down after the hectic Summer months. As the days get shorter, our bodies want to revert to our natural inclination which is to prepare for Winter and Winter's hibernation time. Because of this, it's possible for our energy levels to begin to drop.
Here are a few tips to help you accomplish this:
- Turn on more lights - Whether at home or at the office, turn on more lights. This helps ward off the natural sleepiness that darkness brings. Also, if you have access to and can use light bulbs which give off a natural light spectrum, these are most helpful. If you are prone to Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), this type of light bulb is most important for you to counteract your condition.
- Go outside and breathe deeply - The cooler, dryer air of Fall can be stimulating. Breathe it in deeply to invigorate yourself and to clear out your lungs and other toxins from your body.
- Stick to a healthy diet - We are fast approaching the holiday season with all its candies and rich foods. By eating healthy now, you can enjoy a few more indulgences later. Also you will help avoid many illnesses that start going around this time of year. And don't forget to drink plenty of water and take your vitamins and supplements.
- Stick to you are exercise regimen - Exercise gets your metabolism fired up and contributes to improving your overall health, immune system and stamina.
- Get plenty of rest - Even though you want to be energetic, you also need to balance with good, restful sleep to maintain your body's equilibrium. One without the other can cause health issues.
- Make plenty of R and R time for you and your family - Get out and enjoy the benefits of the season; attend a Fall Festival or carnival, take walks and enjoy the colors that Nature provides this time of year. These add happiness and joy to your life to lift your spirits and your energy.
- Open up the windows - Our homes need to breathe too. Open up and let the air in to clear out all the old energy, mustiness, smells, etc.
- Meditate and bring the energy in - During your daily meditations, see yourself pulling in bright, energetic light; see it replenishing your natural batteries. Spiritual energy is just as important as physical energy, so welcome it in daily.